​Mutharika sends Chilima to Vatican to ask Pope to pray for him and borrow money for Malawi government

With his health admittedly pegged at 80% fit, Malawi President Professor Arthur Peter  Mutharika has decided to seek the remaining 20% from spiritual leaders.

Under his orders, the Vice President Saulos Chilima has been sent to The Vatican to meet His Holiness Pope Francis and ask him to pray for the ailing Mutharika whose health keeps deteriorating at an alarming rate each day.  Thanks to the very strong painkillers being administered through a cannula,  the President is still able to carry few official duties as long as they do not last more than an hour. 

Recently, Mutharika complained of rheumatism which affected his right hand, making it so stiff like a guy failing to propose to his dream girl.  Sadly he came home from UNGA being unable to use.

With fear engulfing State House, they have now decided to seek God’s intervention through the Holy Father  in Vatican.

Chilima will also negotiate a soft loan from The Vatican Bank on behalf of Malawi. This comes in the awake of IMF’s refusal to extend further credit facilities to Malawi due to Mutharika government’s fiscal mismanagement and corruption in parastatal bodies with the latest being Blantyre Water Board that has led to European Investments Bank blacklisting Malawi. 

Previously, Mutharika and DPP had planned to send George Chaponda to meet the Pope but the Catholic Church refused and gave terms that it was either Mutharika himself or the veep Chilima.

  

Malawi Punch will keep you updated on Chilima’s trip.

Facebook Comments
Pin It

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Please enable javascript.
Or you can post by following procedure.
1.Please click on the link [GET TOKEN-CODE],then it is displayed.
2.Enter displayed token-code to "TOKEN INPUT".