Fire started due to the On and Off of Electricity-Mwakasungula

It has been established that the fire that gutted the University of Livingstonia ,Ekwenden Campus ,started beacause of  the Electrical fault that occurred due to the On and Off of Electricity.

FIRE

According to Ekwendeni College of Health Sciences Registrar, Reverend Dinnie Mwakasungula confirmed that the fire started around 10 am due to what is suspected to be an electrical fault.

“The fire started due to an electrical fault, it was a spark which started at the main switch in the matron’s office and it spread to the computer lab which is next to the matron’s office.

“Assessment of goods damaged is still underway but so far, we have managed to rescue about 30 mattresses and a few computers. In total, we had 40 computers in the computer lab but it seems almost 30 have been damaged by the fire,” said Mwakasungula.

The University Registrar also clarified that nobody has been hurt by the fire because all students and other employees who were around the premises during the time of the incident managed to escape to safety.

This is second  fire accident within this month as a week ago the whole Lilongwe Main market  ended up in  blazing infernos.

 

Facebook Comments
Pin It

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Please enable javascript.
Or you can post by following procedure.
1.Please click on the link [GET TOKEN-CODE],then it is displayed.
2.Enter displayed token-code to "TOKEN INPUT".