Fire guts mulanje bus depot

Barely a month after fire guts Lilonge central market and a shop in Limbe,Mulanje bus depot last night burnt.

burnt

Mulanje Police spokesperson Gresham Ngwira told Malawi punch that the inferno started at the entrance gate where a shop belonging to Mr Wilson Nkhoma which was being supported by a gen set due frequent electricity blackouts sparked and ignited the wild blaze.

Ngwira said there was great panic and grief among shop operators as they were witnessing the huge inferno gutting down millions worth of property.

The situation got worse as Mulanje District has no fire fighting vehicles and was banking its hope on Eastern Produce Group of Companies, Tea growers who have some firefighting facilities but shortage of water was also another issue to worry about.

Meanwhile, investigations are still underway to establish the value of the damaged property.

 

Facebook Comments
Pin It

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Please enable javascript.
Or you can post by following procedure.
1.Please click on the link [GET TOKEN-CODE],then it is displayed.
2.Enter displayed token-code to "TOKEN INPUT".